The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing this website.
Policy key definitions:
- "AWS", "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the society, The Algarve Wine Society.
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
Lawful basis: Consent
The reason we use this basis: You have consented or are willing to consent, to be a member of the Algarve Wine Society
We process your information in the following ways: We store your responses to our general enquiry and membership enquiry forms.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until we have processed your request or until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Please refer to our cookies page for more details.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Your personal data will not be transmitted outside the EU.